Kieran B. Wheeler
Rapp & Krock, PC
Two Post Oak Central
1980 Post Oak Blvd. Suite 1200
Houston, Texas 77056
Tel: (713) 759-9977
Kieran B. Wheeler is a partner at the firm of Rapp & Krock, PC. He has 12 years of experience providing successful legal counsel to clients in all stages of the corporate life cycle, from startups seeking seed capital to multi-million-dollar international companies. He concentrates his practice in business and real estate law, entity structure and formation, M&A, commercial financing and securities transactions, and asset protection.
Mr. Wheeler takes the time to understand each client’s industry and individual situation in order to provide a personalized solution that protects the client and helps them reach their goals. Mr. Wheeler’s diverse skillset equips him to represent clients in a variety of situations, from the daily issues of corporate operations to fundamental business transactions.
Mr. Wheeler is a native of Cincinnati, Ohio. He received his JD degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 2006, graduating with honors, and received a Bachelor of Science in Management Information Systems from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio in 2003. He is a member of the Houston Bar Association and has also served as the Vice Chair for the Houston Masterworks Chorus Board of Directors since 2018.
- Represented an international oil services company in the acquisition and development of an approximately 60,000 sq. ft. manufacturing and production facility.
- Represented an iconic local restaurant in corporate restructuring and the acquisition and leasing of real property for expansion.
- Advised and represented a client in the acquisition, restructuring, and aggregation of multiple industrial manufacturing and service companies.
- Represented a client in the corporate restructuring and sale of four related oilfield services companies, in a transaction valued in excess of $14 million at closing.
- Advised and represented a client in the formation of a new business and the acquisition of multiple franchises.
- Advised and represented a technical software company in its corporate restructuring, software license agreements, and service agreements, to consolidate and protect its intellectual property.
- Represented a client in the acquisition and private lender financing of an island development, in a transaction valued in excess of $20 million at closing.
- Advised and represented a minority shareholder in an “oppressed shareholder” dispute resulting in a negotiated buyout of his equity.
Our attorneys offer comprehensive knowledge related to issues that affect business and commercial transactions. We focus on the business objectives of our clients to help them to achieve their goals. Whether our clients are forming and structuring a new company or growing and maintaining an established one, our attorneys have the experience and business acumen to help our clients navigate through a dynamic business landscape.
Our practice in this area includes representation in:
- Business Organization & Structuring
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Restructuring
- Executive Compensation & Employment Contracts
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Securities & Corporate Governance
Our attorneys understand the complex nature of business transactions and are committed to counseling our clients in a way that will help them to achieve a better understanding of their ongoing operations, and to learn to avoid many of the pitfalls and risks that companies face in the course of doing business. Many times what may appear to be a simple deal has implications related to tax, securities, employment and regulatory compliance issues, as well as other risks that can result in unintended consequences that are not to the benefit of the client. Our attorneys take the time to listen to the client’s needs, learn the various aspects of the industry in which the client is doing business, and identify the driving forces of the transaction to understand the interplay of the various legal and compliance issues that can affect the terms of a deal, so that those unintended consequences can be avoided. For our clients, it is like having in-house counsel available to them at a fraction of the cost.
Rapp & Krock is a business law firm that serves startups, and small to medium-sized businesses, providing business transactional and litigation services to a wide range of clients in a number of different industries. We offer our clients the quality and credentials of attorneys often found only at large law firms, who are committed to providing the personal care, responsiveness, creativity and lower costs that are the hallmarks of smaller firms. As one of the Greater Houston area’s go-to business law firms, we have extensive experience championing successful business transactions for our clients, protecting their rights, and helping them plan for the future.
We have practiced law in a number of different environments, including large international firms, medium-sized full service firms, boutique practices, small businesses, and individual practices. We know that clients rightly expect their attorneys to be responsive, experienced, attentive, knowledgeable about the business or willing to invest the time to learn, value-conscious, practical, creative, and reputable. We formed Rapp & Krock, PC to provide that level of service. Your Business Is Our Business®