Dunn & Davison, LLC
1100 Walnut Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64106
After recovering over $37 million in 2006 and over $21 million in 2007 for his clients, Davison was asked to speak at the San Francisco Construction SuperConference on a collaborative construction dispute resolution process which he assisted in developing. This unique ADR technique has been utilized to save both the contractor and the project owner millions of dollars and time in resolving complex construction claims.
In 2010, Davison represented a general contractor who successfully obtained a decision in excess of $10 million from a Disputes Resolution Board in Phoenix.
Davison is dedicated to diligently working to identify the unique needs and objectives of his clients in order to develop cost-effective solutions to their problems and avoid time consuming and costly legal battles.
- B.S.-Northwest Missouri State University (with highest honors), 1978
- J.D.-University of Missouri at Kansas City (with distinction), 1982
- Jeff Davison is the General Counsel for the Herzog Companies.
- Represented a design build joint venture in Florida, which successfully obtained a result in excess of $33m  on a theory that the contractor relied to its detriment on the owner’s representations that it was going to provide accurate survey and other project documents.
- Represented the contractor on a light rail construction project in Phoenix, and was successful in obtaining a Dispute Resolution Board decision in excess of $10m , based on a claim that the owner had failed to provide the contractor with full and complete design drawings and underground investigation.
- Representing a joint venture in arbitration proceedings in Seattle, whereby the contractor asserts the owner failed to provide the contractor with a full and complete set of constructible design drawings, which resulted in contractor incurring additional costs and expenses.
- Served as local counsel to the FDIC, as well as the RTC (Resolution Trust Corporation) for the Kansas City region since approximately 1985.
- Represented the FDIC in connection with the closing of 17 banks located in Northwest Missouri and has provided legal counsel and advice regarding the collection of past-due loans from failed banking institutions.
- Has provided legal representation to various banks and other financial institutions.
- Serves as corporate counsel to several general construction contractors who do in excess of $20m in revenues a year.
- Represents operators of landfills located in California, New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri and Guam.
- Has been involved in the permitting, as well as negotiating landfill operating agreements.
- Provided estate planning for self-employed owners of large construction businesses.
- Represented various insurance companies and was selected in 1985 for inclusion in the A.M. Best Recommended Insurance Defense Counsel publication.
- Represented employers in various aspects of employment law, including drafting employment agreements and handbooks, and defense of wrongful termination and retaliation claims, non-competes, wage and hour law claims, as well as discrimination claims.
- Incorporated and served as general counsel to a title insurance company in St. Joseph, Missouri, which included drafting all aspects of real estate documents for closings, advice concerning title insurance issues, preparation of like-kind exchange documents, in addition to negotiating commercial lease agreements and commercial lending agreements.
- Represented clients in wrongful death lawsuits who received over $6 Million dollars.
- Jeff Davison has received an AVVO attorney ranking of 8.3
- Davison was selected by his peers to be included in “The Best Lawyers in America”, 19th Edition for his work in the construction law practice area. He was also chosen as one of the “Best Lawyers in Kansas City” by KC Business Magazine.
- Davison has been honored with selection for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers for the practice areas of construction litigation, corporate and alternative dispute resolution. Davison is an A-V rated attorney, which is the highest rating of an attorney’s legal abilities and professional ethics. Davison was also honored by selection for membership in the Outstanding Lawyers of America, which is an honor bestowed upon our nation’s finest attorneys and membership is limited to only 100 lawyers per state. His selection was based upon nomination by his peers and review of his professional achievements, work and accomplishments. He has also been selected as an A.M. Best’s Recommended Defense Attorney.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Claims
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th Circuits
- U.S. District Courts:
- Western District of Missouri
- Eastern District of Illinois
- Northern District of Indiana
- Missouri Supreme Court
- Admitted on Pro Hac Vice basis to represent clients in various state and federal courts located in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, New Mexico, New York, Oklahoma and Texas.
Unlike some corporate generalist practices Dunn & Davison has the sophisticated expertise, diverse experience and national practice to be a key strategic partner in growing your business. We represent some of the Midwest’s oldest companies as well as some of the region’s emerging business stars. That’s because our attorneys have great depth of expertise in handling complex multi-party transactions and sophisticated deals. We work hard to help you achieve your goals, mitigate risk and solve problems when they occur. Moreover, unlike large firms, Dunn & Davison attorneys are not only a good value but provide a level of accessibility and genuine concern for your success that keeps clients coming back again and again. We help clients grow their businesses in a variety of areas including:
- Corporate finance and securities
- Corporate governance
- Executive Compensation and employee benefits
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic alliances
- Tax planning, structuring and antitrust
- Negotiated $17 million restructuring of debt and placement for national concrete pumping company
- Served as regulatory counsel for the 2007 merger of the Empire Beauty School Group and the Regis Beauty School group, resulting in a combined company with nearly 90 beauty school campuses.
- Represented both buyers and sellers over an eight year time period in many transactions across the county for the sale or purchase of institutions with transaction values ranging from $250,000 to 40 million.
- Dunn & Davison attorney served as general counsel to multi-state and multi-national rail related corporation which does in excess of $450m a year in annual revenues, as well as corporate counsel to several other general construction contractors who do in excess of $20m in revenues a year.
Dunn & Davison is a unique firm that combines youth and innovation with seasoned legal expertise to serve clients throughout the country.
The firm’s attorneys came to Dunn & Davison from a variety of regional and national firms with valuable experience in complex cases and business matters. That’s why clients turn to Dunn & Davison for successful results and practical, solutions-oriented guidance with a focus on integrity and experience in client service.
Dunn & Davison, where innovation meets tradition.