Bruce W. Haffey
Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton, P.C.
101 West Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48084 5280
Tel: (248) 457-7140
Bruce W. Haffey is a senior, highly-qualified business and tax lawyer with the firm of Giarmarco, Mullins and Horton, P.C. in Troy, Michigan, and is a member of its Board of Directors.
Mr. Haffey practices primarily in the areas of corporate law, commercial transactions, M&A, franchise and distribution law and tax law and for closely-held business clients engaged in a wide assortment of industries.
Mr. Haffey represents privately-held business clients throughout the life cycles of their businesses, from start-up through growth to exit strategy. He handles routine and complex business transactions in a wide assortment of industries, including manufacturing, automotive, franchising, health-care and information technology.
Mr. Haffey has been recognized by numerous professional organizations and publications, including The New York Times Top Attorneys in Michigan, Michigan Super Lawyers, dBusiness “Top Lawyers” and Leading Lawyers and is AV Rated by the American Bar Association.
American Bar Association
• Business Law Section
• Tax Section
• Franchise Forum
• Health Law
Michigan Bar Association
• Business Law
– Council Member
– Chair of Small Business Forum
• Healthcare Law
• Antitrust, Franchising & Trade Regulation
Oakland County Bar Association
• Tax Law Committee
National Association of Dealer Counsel
Association for Corporate Growth
Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
• “Dispute with Minority Shareholder May Be Resolved by Cash-Out Merger,” – MI Business Law
Journal, Fall 2017
• “Making an S Election for an LLC – Easy but Not Simple,” – Oakland County Bar Association,
• “Shareholder Oppression Update,” – MI Business Law Journal, Fall 2014
• “Franchisors Beware: Pending Maine Legislation Will Make Franchise Life More Difficult,”
– February 2014
• “Internet Sales Tax Act Ripe for Passage?” – May 2013
• “FCPA Successor Liability in Cross-Border Acquisitions,” – December 2012
• “Safe Harbor for Deductibility of Success Fees in Business Acquisitions,” – July 2011
• “Franchisor Entitled to Recover Post-Termination Damages,” – July 2011
• “Advantage S Corporation,” – July 2011
• “Working the Kinks out of Working Capital” – Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
• “Building Blocks – Tax Strategies and Transaction Structure” – Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
• “Buyers, Sellers, Bonuses and Benefits – Compensation Issues in M&A Transactions” – Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants
• “Tips and Take-Aways re. Business Succession Planning: A Survey of Recent Cases;” – Michigan
Defense Trial Counsel annual meeting
• “It’s Your Government and We’re Here to Help – Really!” prgram moderator; Michigan Bar
Association Small Business Forum
• “Due Diligence in the Acquisition of a Dealership;” MACPA Automotive Dealers Conference
• “Business Entity Selection and Design;” Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
• “Business Entity Selection and Design;” Asian Pacific American Chamber of Commerce
Business attorneys at GMH handle a multitude of commercial transactions for our business clients on an ongoing basis. It’s our goal to stand by you and take care of the tricky legal aspects of your commercial transactions, so you can focus on what matters most to you — running your business.
From buy and sell arrangements to succession plans to everyday issues with employees, customers, and landlords, there’s always something happening when you run a business. Ensure your company is handling every situation in a way that’s best for the success of your business. When you work with a Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton business attorney, you’ll always get the best guidance, advice, and support in your business interests.
Since our firm’s founding in 1983, Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton has maintained a reputation of excellence. Our clients are always our first priority and our attorneys are experienced, dedicated, and results-oriented, ensuring you always have the representation you need, whether your legal needs are commercial or personal. Giarmarco, Mullins & Horton, P.C. is here to serve you when and where you need us most.
GMH is a full-service law firm. That means we’re here for every client at every stage of their personal and professional lives. We represent school districts, companies, municipalities, and of course, individuals. With more than 60 results-driven attorneys on staff, serving clients in more than 36 practice areas, there’s an expert at GMH for any legal concern or question you might have.